MA in Business ManagementUniversity of Portsmouth
Because the course is work-based, you need to already be in a full-time, part-time or voluntary role. If you don’t have an undergraduate degree, you could still do this postgraduate course if you have several years experience in a responsible position (such as a military role) or you have high-level skills through experience that isn’t reflected in your qualifications.
You can tailor the course to match your professional and personal aspirations and your employer’s objectives. The way you learn is flexible, so you can study wherever is most convenient for you and schedule your studies around your existing commitments.
You’ll get to put the skills you learn to work instantly in your job, contributing to the success of your company. When you complete the course, you’ll improve your career prospects and have the skills and knowledge to perform more effectively in your job.
This pathway consists of two stages:
Stage 1: IBA Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
Stage 2: MA in Business Management (Dissertation stage)
Successful completion of the Stage 1 Diploma will enable direct entry onto the Stage 2 Top-Up programme.
Typically, applicants should possess:
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two years managerial experience, OR;
- Five years managerial work experience (evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma* OR applicants without a Level 7 Diploma but holding significant managerial experience will be considered for Advanced Entry on a case-by-case basis
- A good command of English
What You Receive
You receive all the materials and support you need to help you balance study with your work and home commitments. The programme structure and learning materials allow you to study at your own convenience and develop your own study schedule while offering opportunities for you to engage with your peers.
The following will be included via OTHM’s multifaceted online learning platform:
- Course materials: Access structured lecture notes, case studies and assessment materials through a state-of-the-art online Learning Platform (ELP).
- Online webinars: Receive both live and recorded lectures from subject experts.
- A dedicated one-to-one tutor: Receive comprehensive support throughout the course and supervision throughout the dissertation writing proces
- Comprehensive e-library: Read recommended study texts and reference books.
- Access to an international online community to keep in touch and share with fellow students and lecturers.